Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Happy 4th

IIRC, July 4 1776 was the date of most of the guys
signing the Declaration of Independance. However,
it was 10 or so years later when England withdrew.

I learned in school, one of the trigger moments was
King George's stamp tax, half a cent or so on news
papers. Two centuries later, we have layers of taxes
and surveilance that would have made King George
envious.

I'll have to write my congressman, D-NY. Since we
no longer have guns in NYS after the Safe Act.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Pete C." wrote in message ...

Independence day indeed. Too many people are caught up with the idea
that the 4th / Independence day is a patriotic thing, which couldn't be
further from the truth. Independence day honors the brave souls who
staged an armed revolution and overthrew a government to declare
independence. Food for thought...