Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sofa Slug[_2_] Sofa Slug[_2_] is offline

Default Broke my watch beyond repair?

On 7/1/2013 7:06 AM, Finch wrote:
last week I was helping my brother with a woodworking project and
was working on some parts with the band saw, and although I was
wearing protective gloves my watch got severly damaged by the saw. I
mean I'm lucky that I didn't get hurt or anything but it's a darn
shame about my watch, because it was quite expensive too. It was a
pilot watch that my wife got me shortly after our wedding. Although
it was 'a used watch'
(http://www.chrono24.com/en/watches/p...atches--39.htm ) it was
still quite expensive. Anyway, the damage seems to be mainly on the
wristband and the glass lid, and yet, with no visible damage to the
internal works, it doesn't seem to be working anymore. Does anyone
have any advice what it could be, or what to do? My wife doesn't know
yet

I wouldn't try guessing when it comes to repairing a watch of that
caliber (particularly a gift from my wife). I would just ship it insured
to the IWC (Pilot) authorized service center. It probably won't be
cheap, but you won't be sorry: http://www.superiorwatch.com

If it turns out that it's damaged beyond repair, you can always tell
your wife that it did save your hand ...