Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default Wiring for multiple control [4 switches control one set oflights]light switch !!!

On Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:58:34 AM UTC-7, Doug Miller wrote:
Robert Macy wrote in
[snip]
To better understand importance to me:[...]During the day, it is
somehow pleasing to look about and see that all the light
switches are in the OFF possitions, and all the little mounting
screws are in the 12-6 position to add a touch of neatness and
professionalism to the installation.

And here, I think, we finally have the *real* issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessi...ality_disorder

I should have remembered the old rule, never complain, never explain.

Yes, I was wrong for even thinking about trying to change my light switches.. After all, it's always better to live in this world by accepting everything presented. Instead of flailing at the impossible, it is always better to change one's own attitude towards the situation.

Wait, this wasn't 'impossible'! As a matter of fact, I now have not only what I wanted all along but additionally have some insights into light switch controllers not even thought of before, thanks to the many excellent contributions.

My 'problem' was solved *and* my horizons expanded. Talk about win, win. Well, almost, feathers slightly ruffled by the chidings, but small price to pay, eh?

Next time, I won't explain 'why' I want to tar the drywall in my living room.