Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Wiring for multiple control [4 switches control one set of lights]light switch !!!

In article ,
Doug Miller wrote:

Robert Macy wrote in
:
[snip]
To better understand importance to me:[...]During the day, it is
somehow pleasing to look about and see that all the light
switches are in the OFF possitions, and all the little mounting
screws are in the 12-6 position to add a touch of neatness and
professionalism to the installation.

And here, I think, we finally have the *real* issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessi...ality_disorder

Personally, I do not think it is a disorder! However, there may be
times when it could pose a problem.

Back in the 60s, I worked for a company that sold equipment to the
military for use in Viet Nam. They had a rash of problems in the field
with new equipment that had worked perfectly at final test. The
equipment would be returned, re-aligned, and then be defective again
when received back in the field. They finally traced the problem to a
mechanical inspector who lined up all the screw slots before it was
packed for shipment.

My stairway has three-way switches at the top and bottom, set so the
light is on when both switches are in the same position. I'm the only
one here, and always use the light when using the stairs. The switch
where I'm at is always up-for-on/down-for-off.

Fred