J. Clarke

Default why sellers love ebay

Dennis W. Ewing Sr. wrote:

I sell quite a bit on ebay. I add anywhere from 1.15 up for packaging and
handling. I usually use a new box, bubble wrap or peanuts. depending on
the item I can use 3-4 dollars worth of packing material to make sure it
gets there in one piece. I price shipping accordingly. If an item will go
in a USPS priority mail envelope I charge 15 cents for carrying it to the
Post Office. I use ebay for extra cash, but I have to pay for packing
material if you want it in one piece. If you don't care what it looks like
when you get it you don't want to buy from me.

When I was trying to explain packing costs to the guy I completely forgot
driving it down to UPS or FedEx, which these days can easily be 3-4 bucks
worth of gas, not to mention amortized maintenance, tire wear, etc.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)