Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default neighbor's fence partially on my property

On 26 Jun 2013, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Version two: "Dear neighbor, your fence installers put part of the fence over the property line on my side. This is not a huge deal, but does deserve some discussion."
I'm sure you'll get other sample texts to copy.

It's a start. But do I also include in the letter that it is a foot too
tall, I should. And do I care about the 3/4" cedar retaining wall that is
holding back 18" of soil. (I went out and measured.)

I also figured out the pattern of lighting. She has been away for the past
week. He is home. She may have taken the two young kids to Japan to see the
grandparents.

They have not moved into the upper three floors yet. That is why those
floors are still completely dark at night. At night she always lowered the
electric blackout shade on the first floor. It hasn't been lowered for a
week. This is because he doesn't care about the extreme privacy that she is
into. The extreme privacy is a Japanese thing, so I hear.

It also explains why the workmen have been going through the first floor to
work on the bench and other things in the back yard. She NEVER let the
workmen go through the first floor. She had them carry all the fence wood,
bricks, and concrete pavers through the second floor and down a wooden
ladder to the back yard. They bought way too many pavers. And they carried
them up the ladder to get them out. To get the soil and plants into the
back yard they built a slide and slide them down the slide. When the
architect and GC came to visit they also climbed down ladder.

The deed showed that they bought the formerly 4-family house on August 12,
2010. The house was empty when sold. They would have hired the architect
before the closing. This makes it a three year project so far. It is like
there is no end in sight.