Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default neighbor's fence partially on my property

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013, chaniarts wrote:

easements are recorded with the deed. if your city has deeds online, you
can see the easements. if he has a plat of his property, the easement
will be indicated on that. he would probably require a plat to do
anything that would require a permit for something outside his house walls.

I found the online deed for the recent purchase. No plat. The property is
described by how many feet from the avenue, etc. The same way the surveyor
describes how your lot fits into the block.

No easement noted on any of the 10 pages. There is a page for an Affidavit
of Compliance with Smoke Detector Requirement. And a page for Customer
Registration Form for Water and Sewer Billing.

By searching on the Block and Lot I don't see any easements either. The
online database doesn't go back as far the pole installation. It seems it
only goes back to 1993.

Looking at my block and lot I do find the easement that I had put on my
house in 2002.