Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default neighbor's fence partially on my property

On Monday, June 24, 2013 9:56:44 AM UTC-5, Don Wiss wrote:
The back yard neighbor has put up a fence that is 1 1/2" on my property. They have a survey. I also have a survey from the same surveyor. I showed them where the line was. But they went ahead and did this in order to have the entire top fit behind a phone pole that is on their property. Had they not faced the good side towards themselves, it would not have been an issue. All that is on my property are the 4x4 posts and the top. Do I have the right to slice the posts and top right at the line? The fence back is attached to the fence sides, which would give it stability. The reason for doing this is the properties are staggered. I'm adding a fence to the back where this fence isn't, and it won't line up. I know I have the right to cut off tree limbs that hang over. But do I also have the right to cut back a fence that is hanging over? Don. www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Why in tarnation are you refusing to talk to the owner????????? Enough people have said to do that that you are beginning to look like a fool for not taking the advice given to you by a majoity of those responding to your posts!!!