Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
sam[_16_] sam[_16_] is offline

Default cav injector pump JCB 3cx

Hi to all, one question......., I have a JCB 3cx, I ran out of patience
with constant erratic running realized that I must have had loads of dirt
in the main tank..... I guess because of its age etc, also only used in
the summer, I had a hole cut into the tank and spooned out all the gunge
and sediment, Managed to scrape and get the inside of the tank quite clean
and dry, Started reassembly as one does, New inline filter, to stop any
more clogging, Cleaned the lift pump, new main filter, also nearly forgot
about the filter on the front of the pump itself (cav , lucas- Delphi )

All was clean and tight but the fuel through the injectors whilst bleeding
was weak, until I remembered that the stop on the top of the pump may have
stuck, a few taps and off she went, Nearly killed the battery before I
remembered this !!! BUT my question to anyone who is online..... will the
stop in the top of the pump eventually clear itself free OR can I disturb
the top of the pump and clean the stop valve/plunger myself????? So
simple a system and great 4236 engine but unless everything is correct
they can be trouble some to fire up.

Look forward to hearing from someone. Sam

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...cx-578635-.htm