Posted to uk.d-i-y
BartC BartC is offline

Default Prototyping board

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Theo Markettos wrote:

Plus, you don't have to layout your circuit to suit the strips. That
means many fewer jumper wires. And you don't have the stray capacitance
provided by the strips.

And lots of extra wires where you do need a strip. Like PS rails and
grounds.

Doesn't work. The strip through pin 14 (Vcc) of a 14-pin chip for example,
would also connect with pin 1 of the same chip, and all the pin 1s in the
row! (Although you can of course just reserve a couple of strips in-between
rows for supply rails, and have a short link to the supply pins of each IC.)

On the square-pad boards, the first job (after soldering the IC sockets and
decoupling capacitors) was to wire up the supply pins with thicker wires and
ensure they are tidily out of the way. After that the rest of the wiring is
straightforward. I suppose you can emulate a strip by soldering tinned wire
along a row of pads, but I never tried that.

--
Bartc