Posted to rec.woodworking
Len[_4_] Len[_4_] is offline

Default dovetail problem

Not a problem with the base. It's flat and rigid. So far, I have replaced the collett, used oil on the collett, and begun to record the depth of the bit from the bottom of the router. At first it varied less than .01 inches when routing a set of pins and tails. After 2 or 3 boards it suddenly drops the bit and ruins the piece. I did notice a bit of chatter when cutting. I suppose I could try another one of my routers; I also ordered a new bit to see if it is just a dull bit problem. If that does not work I will give up and resort to the inferior tongue/groove method of making drawers.

Len