Posted to uk.d-i-y
BartC BartC is offline

Default Prototyping board

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
BartC wrote:
I used to buy a prototyping board from RS in the 1980s. It was a bit
like veroboard: a single-sided pcb with a 0.1" grid of holes, but with
individual pads on the copper side instead of strips. (They might have
been used for wire-wrapping, but I used to solder to them. The
non-copper side was blue.)

Never really saw the point of them over Vero. I suppose you could pack
things in more densely - but not usually a priority for prototypes.

I did use to have quite dense layouts (over 100 ICs on one board for
example). But I liked the 100% flexibility of placement without worrying
about conforming to the strip layout, or having to cut loads of copper
strips to avoid shorts. Also my wiring was on the underside (where it was
easy to solder several thin wires to the same pad) rather than on the
component side where you might need a hole for each wire.

--
Bartc