Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Took some photos in the shop today....

"Michael A. Terrell" on Wed, 19 Jun 2013
15:43:26 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" ? on Wed, 19 Jun 2013
09:16:51 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
?
?pyotr filipivich wrote:
??
?? Michael A. Terrell wrote:
?? ?
?? ?pyotr filipivich wrote:
?? ??
?? ?? I'm working on the designs for a steam powered crank for one of
?? ?? those.
?? ?
?? ? Why? Aren't you already cranky enough? ;-)
??
?? Who wants to know?
?
?
? Anyone close enough to get hurt. ;-)
?
?
?? (I've got an idea for a set of solenoids to push the keys on my manual
?? typewriter. The tricky point is the computer interface - I want to be
?? able to use that as a printer option with the word processing program.
?? But "clackity clackity - ding! clackity clack...")
?
?
? Late '70s BYTE magazine had the kit to do that.

Wahahahahahaha!

The Selectric was easier to convert, with just seven solenoids.

Ooh, that sounds good.

I was thinking to just make a set of fingers that "hunt and
peck"...

--
pyotr filipivich