Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default I think I'm losing the plot ... d :-\

"Lee" wrote in message
On 19/06/2013 17:20, Arfa Daily wrote:

snip
I have come that close to throwing it up the wall and taking a hammer to
the bits that
come back down. And then phoning the customer, laughing maniacally, and
telling them exactly what I've done to their pride and joy.

Are you sure you are not channelling Les Lawry-Johns?

If any of you remember the Fawlty Towers episode where the car took a
beating with
a branch from a tree because it wouldn't start

Timeless classic, my favourite bit of the all-too short series

Lee

Yes indeed. Amazing to think that there was only ever twelve episodes, and
it made the career of Prunella Scales, and shaped that of John Cleese for
years afterward.

Ah, Les Lawry-Johns. Now there's a name from the past ... I used to enjoy
Les's scribblings, and Donald Bullock that came after him writing similar
'Day in the Life' articles each month. I wrote servicing reports and some
articles for Telemag for many years when John Reddihough was editor and
Tessa Winford was his assistant. Mainly stuff on hifi and general audio
equipment faults, but the odd bit of other subjects like lead free soldering
legislation. If you think that I sound like Les, I take that as a great
compliment ... :-)

Arfa