Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark[_40_] Mark[_40_] is offline

Default Old Walker-Turner drill press...

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message

On Wed, 19 Jun 2013 14:55:56 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

On 6/18/2013 2:42 PM, Mark wrote:
I have an old Walker-Turner bench-top drill press, ...

... I also have a Harbor Freight mill-drill, which ... works pretty well
as a drill press,...

WAIT A MINUTE! You have a W-T and a HF and you are considering keeping

..
and get a W-T. You don't ever get rid of a W-T and keep a HF.

..
Not only that, this is a family heirloom. You should be making plans
to give it to your kid someday.

Karl

Sigh. No kids of my own and I'm unlikely to have any at this point (I'm
54). My fiance' has a couple, both boys in their 20's. However, I doubt
that either of them would ever appreciate an actual machine tool.

I gave one the task of screwing down some loose boards in the deck - handed
him a cordless drill and a box of deck screws. About 15 minutes later, he
came back to me saying that "it just isn't working" - the drill would turn,
but the screw just wouldn't go in. I checked - the drill was in reverse.

Sigh.
~~
Mark Moulding