Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What does chain saw oil oil?

My anecdotal evidence is that my friend Jerry, used to live a couple hours drive south of me. He used bar oil, and the neighbor used crank case oil. The neighbor's chains wore out a lot faster.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
wrote in message ...
On Sunday, June 16, 2013 9:42:02 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Used crank case oil will wear out the bar and chain, it's full of abrasive metal pieces.

Bull****.

If used motor oil were full of abrasive metal pieces, your car's engine wouldn't have run long enough to get the oil warmed up to change it the last time!

The used motor oil was good enough for a close-tolerance multi-cylinder reciprocating engine 5 minutes before you dumped it. It is surely adequate for a sloppy-fitting chain riding in a track and being subjected to all sorts of contamination and abuse 5 minutes AFTER you dumped it.