Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default What does chain saw oil oil?

"TimR" wrote in message
On Sunday, June 16, 2013 10:30:48 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Glad I'm not the only one to do that backwards

chain snafu.

I also heard of a worker who smoked a drill bit

badly. Turns out hubby had been using the drill

to remove screws, and it was spinning left. Most

drill bits go right, in the northern hemisphere.

I've never ever had anybody hand me a drill without reversing it first.
So I return the favor every chance I get. It's part of the Guy Code.

I handed a battery powered drill to a woman mechanic where I worked with it
set in reverse.She was not hitting on much as the smarts go, but got the job
as part of the political system. She only had to drill one 1/4 inch hole in
some cast iron about 1/4 of an inch thick. She drilled for a while and
then mentioned something about a switch on the top of the drill. I told
here to turn it. It was a speed switch. It slowed down . After about 30
seconds she said it was not doing as good as the first way, so I told her to
turn it back.

It looked like it was going to rain ( we were outside) so I told her to look
under the drill at the other switch (the reversing one) and change it and
see what hapens. She finally did get the hole drilled. There were several
others looking on and snikering at her.