Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Dimensions in CAD with fractions.

On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 22:26:23 -0500, "David R. Birch"
wrote:

Exactly, and the reason I'm asking is that I also can't believe it is
that broken and I also can't imagine how I could duplicate the distortion.

As I and a couple other folks suggested earlier, the easiest way to
explain it is the drafter placed the holes by eye and the dims are set
to round to the nearest 1/32. Fractional dims in autocad can be set to
round the displayed value anywhere from 1/2 to 1/256.

How did he do that and what can I tell him to make him stop?

That's a much more difficult question.

--
Ned Simmons