Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Americans come from all over the US to loot Okla. after tornadoes

On Jun 10, 8:55*pm, nestork wrote:
Home Guy;3076571 Wrote:

You want to know the real reason why the XL pipeline wasn't approved by
the US gov't?

The real reason - because Canada is probably not going to play along
with being a partner in the multi-billion-dollar Lockheed Martin F-35
fiasco.

Yeah, I was watching a CBC documentary on what's happening with that
fighter, and it's production schedule just keeps getting postponed and
the estimated price on each one keeps going up.

Canada's role in the UN has traditionally been as peace keepers, and for
that we need big heavy slow cargo airplanes to get our troops and
equipment to the 4 corners of the Earth, not supersonic stealth
fighters.

Assuming someone else pays for and flies the fighter aircraft that
make
safe passage for the cargo planes..... Do you think you could
have landed a C-130 in Libya before all their air defenses were
dismantled and their own fighter aircraft destroyed?

And, the kinds of war we're engaged in has changed. *What good does a
supersonic stealth fighter do if your enemy is fighting a guerilla war
by planting IEDs in the roads and stealing hostages.

Seems those fighters were needed recently in places like
Iraq and Libya. Stay tuned for Syria.......

I think the NEXT generation of fighter isn't going to be supersonic OR
stealth. *It's going to be an unmanned drone because those can be used
for war, search and rescue and border security and lots of different
uses like that. *Maybe we should be buying unmanned drones instead.

--
nestork

The US military bought more drones than conventional aircraft for
the first time just a year or two ago.