Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default What does chain saw oil oil?

On 6/16/2013 9:44 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I doubt Pam will soak far enough in, to lube the rivets
and the bar surface. Just a SWAG.

I've heard of people use a spray can of teflon lube,
give it a squirt every several seconds during cutting.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.
"micky" wrote in message ...

Can I use PAM? I've been using the same aerosol can of PAM for 30
years now, since I only use it hoping the snow won't stick to the snow
shovel. Finishing this can is on my bucket list.

Had an experience several years ago where I used an old can of Teflon
mold release to lube my bicycle chain. After a few weeks, the chain
started to rust. Apparently no oil in it to protect the chain from
moisture.

I believe in using a product designed for the use.