Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default What does chain saw oil oil?

"Ralph Mowery" writes:

"Dan Espen" wrote in message

The oil is supposed to end up on the chain.

Recently I made a trip to our local hardware store and they had
no chain oil in stock. I did some Googling around and read that
vegetable oil works. And it does seem to work pretty well.

Another thing I noticed after cleaning up some of the mess from
Sandy, frequent sharpening of the blade is a good idea.

Most any kind of oil can be used. As it goes into the enviroment, you
really should use some that is biodegradable ( or what ever the buzz word
is ). It should not harm the enviroment.

That's pretty much what I found through Google.
Not only does the oil end up in the environment,
it also ends up on your face and clothes.

Vegetable oil seems like a good choice.

--
Dan Espen