Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dimensions in CAD with fractions.

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
"Jim Wilkins" on Thu, 13 Jun 2013 10:16:31

It's helped to learn the fractional and metric conversions, so I
recognize that the 0.434" I measured on an old South Bend part the
other day was 7/16" minus a production tolerance, or that 0 470"
[typo fixed] means 12mm.

12mm =.472 - they're cheating, again.

pyotr filipivich

0.470" as measured. I didn't have to deal with pre-CNC metric
drawings, only figure out whether optical bench and electronic
equipment had been made inch or metric. 8, 11, 14, 16 and 19mm are
very close to commonly used fractional sizes.
jsw