Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default Help please to resolve a sticky situation.

On 13/06/2013 17:22, mark wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message
Being the recent owner of a satnav I wished to mount it on the dash.
However the surface is too rough for the suction pad to adhere properly,
so I bought one of the pads that stick on with 3M's adhesive. However
being a dunce I have stuck it in a position that is not the best choice.
Any suggestions on how to remove the pad please? I will then simply buy
another and hope get that right.

You could try car upholstery cleaner. It contains various
solvents/detergents, which between them should dissolve the adhesive. I
suggest you spray it into a small container and let it go to liquid then
apply with a brush.

mark

I got it off using dental floss and WD40, after a while I was able to
get a screwdriver under and gently lever it off. There was no glue
residue left. The glue on the pad just peeled of on one go. Now if I
could get a really good adhesive I could even get the old one back on,
but at the price I don't think it is worth bothering!