Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus30848 Ignoramus30848 is offline

Default Finally tried the monarch lathe

It is a model AA lathe, 14 inch swing, 16.5 "actual" swing, 54 inches
center to center. Hooked it up to 220v electrics, fired right up,
everything runs great. Both me and my mechanic, who is into lathes
also, think that it is "barely used". The ways, paint, etc, all
suggest that. A few handles are broken in a minor way and I will try
to restore them, but it is functional even with them broken, just not
as pretty. Think about it as a beautiful lady with dirty fingernails
and a booger. Still usable as a beautiful lady, just not as pretty.

We will keep this Monarch and sell the Clausing 6913.