Posted to alt.home.repair
jamesgang jamesgang is offline

Default gas limb pruner

On Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:37:05 AM UTC-4, elbrecht wrote:
micky wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 07:46:33 -0400, Jim Elbrecht

wrote:

-snip-

Here's my guess--

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...ts_2009_G1.jpg

That photo is 'next week' for those 'bunches of grapes'.

Didn't understand this at first. Yes, the picture is after all the

grapes have burst, which has pretty much happened in the last two

days. Maybe cutting the branches from the trunk sped it up.

It's a cottonwood tree, which is a kind of poplar.

Soft wood- good for lumber, and turning- but not much else.

One page said it was hard wood but a soft kind. !!

Yup-- I'd say that too, though I don't remember the specifics of

*why*. In woodworking terms, yellow pine is soft-wood, though it is

harder than poplar which is hard-wood.

It has been explained to me in the past-- but those brain cells seem

to have disappeared.

Jim

For what it's worth I have one of those little pruning chainsaws on a stick that attaches to the "universal" trimmer gas tools. Even came with a extension stick to make it longer. I've been satisfied with it.