Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default Spray gun advice ...

On Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:33:21 AM UTC+1, wrote:
In message

fred wrote:

On Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:41:14 PM UTC+1, wrote:

In message

fred wrote:

If you are sanding out brush marks you are using bad paint. Good paint

applied correctly has flow characteristics that allow it to self level.

There is no earthly reason why it cannot be flattened and polished

Not necessarily as that would depend on the type of paint used

obviously, there are not many modern paints that actually flow out

properly.

WHAT ??

Not many modern paints flow out properly ? You are taking the mick or

know not of what you speak

Have you tried to paint a furniture van, bus or coach using a brush in a

modern oil paint? If you have you'd know what I mean with regard to

paint not flowing out properly.

spraying can produce a different result but try brushing then come back

and say they flow out properly.

Stephen

--

Ah well we are arguing from the general to the particular now. I wouldn't dream of trying to paint a van with a brush and oil paint. Horses for courses, I was thinking more of general domestic uses.