Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] stephen.hull@btinternet.com is offline

Default Spray gun advice ...

In message
fred wrote:

[snip]

If you are sanding out brush marks you are using bad paint. Good paint
applied correctly has flow characteristics that allow it to self level.
There is no earthly reason why it cannot be flattened and polished

Not necessarily as that would depend on the type of paint used
obviously, there are not many modern paints that actually flow out
properly.

(The problem I had with water based paints was that they dry too
quickly before they flow out completely, or the ones I tried did.

Water based paint does not flow out like conventionional oil paint.

Stephen