xrongor

Default why sellers love ebay

"J T" wrote in message
Fri, Jun 11, 2004, 11:02am (EDT-3)
(Todd L) snip
As a seller you gotta love it when people get caught up in bidding and
they pay more than retail.

People refuse to remember, you need to do your homework.

I have had 7 volumes of an 8 volume set, for years. Mechanical
stuff, not woodworking. Picked them up for about $2-3 each. Been
looking for years for the missing volume. Lately checking eBay. Yep.
Usually $5 starting bid, or higher, plus the shipping, which most
sellers seem to think is worth at least $5. A bit more than I wanted to
pay. I need to watch pennies at times. Checked some book sellers too.
Hmmm, they're usually wanting about $45 per volume. So, kept checking
eBay. Found a seller with 7 of the 8 volumes, including the one I
wanted. Hah. I was high bidder, cost me $11 something, plus just under
$5, shipping. Heh heh. Now I can sell the 6 extras on eBay, and charge
real shipping costs.

its just funny to me. the way people get so nutty over what they perceive
to be too high of shipping costs.

ive said it before ill say it again:

1) ebay doesnt take a cut of the shipping costs. its better for the seller
to charge higher shipping.
2) price of item + price of shipping = total price. you pay the total
price regardless of which part was shipping and which part was the item.
3) there is indeed a logical, viable reason to charge for handling. i dont
see people complaining about ronco stuff for charging too much for shipping,
or any other 'as seen on tv' stuff.. just ebay.

you're complaining that you paid 5 bucks shipping. exactly how much do you
feel you overpaid. a dollar? you're taking moral high ground for offering
to use real shipping costs because of a dollar?

so anyway. im done. in the end, i guess people just love to critique ebay
and its sellers.

randy