Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Blue Glue

On Saturday, June 8, 2013 8:47:39 AM UTC-7, G. Ross wrote:
About 6 months ago I replaced a dowel in a table leg. The wood is

dark and fine-grained and looks like cherry. The leg is fastened to

the upright with two dowels about 5/8 " diameter. I glued both dowels

with titebond 2.

Yesterday the leg and post came back. It had come off again. The

glue on the new dowel was still soft and colored blue. Any ideas why

yellow glue would not set up, and why it turned blue? Would residue

of hide glue do this?

--

 GW Ross

 Attention: Mu'ad Dib, your sandworm,

 124C, is blocking the driveway.

Kind of goolish. I always use epoxy for these types of fixes. I find System 3 T-88 as a great option.