nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren[_2_] View Post
The fault cannot be all on the USA.

Did the Church group research what to do? Did they contact a U.S.
consulate or the U.S. Embassy in Canada. Border Patrol agencies, etc.

The keystone pipeline cannot cross the border with approval from the
Secretary of State.
No, you're right, they probably didn't, and they should have. I'm sure there would have been plenty of Canadian customs brokers willing to fill out the necessary forms free of charge, but all that should have been done before the truck even left Windsor. Doing that while the truck is sitting at the border is just lousy planning and terrible management.

Speaking of that pipeline, that's another thing. Everyone except the environmentalists agree that it's a no-brainer, and even the environmentalists agree that a pipeline is safer then shipping that oil by sea.

Canada has enough oil to last us over 400 years so we can sell lots of it cuz in 400 years there will be different technologies to drive our cars. Canada has as much oil as Saudi Arabia, but is all mixed with sand, and it's only within the past 20 years that they've found efficient ways to process it, and that technology is evolving rapidly.

We've got lots of oil and you guys are buying oil from Venezuela and Saudi Arabia and even Nigeria now. Shipping Canadian oil to be refined in the USA and distributed as everything from asphalt to aviation fuel will:
1. help both of our economies,
2. lessen US independance on oil from politically unstable and unfriendly regions,
3. reduce the potential for a much greater environmental disaster if that oil has to be transported over water by boat, and
4. create tens of thousands of jobs during the construction and lots of long term high paying jobs on both sides of the border.

...and your President has knowledgeable advisors that are telling him as much.

We need to go ahead and build that pipe line to grow both of our economies.

Last edited by nestork : June 10th 13 at 07:43 PM