Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Americans come from all over the US to loot Okla. after tornadoes

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 17:33:50 +0200, nestork
wrote:

'Doug[_17_ Wrote:
;3076283']
I didn't read the report so based on what you said only, I'd have to
agree with you but if the items were just thrown around and not well
pkgd or organized, perhaps they thought it was a cover up to use the
truck for looting???

No, what I think was the real issue was is that our border crossings are
set up to handle international shipments, not international donations,
and no one on your side of the border really knew what to do with that
truck. There's hundreds of trucks cross into Canada and the USA every
day at the Windsor/Detroit border, and one truck shows up without any
paperwork and says it's delivering disaster relief. They just didn't
know quite how to handle that situation and were concerned that it could
be a "trick" of some sort.

I just didn't want to see all that food go to waste, and I couldn't see
why they couldn't just check random packages on the truck to make sure
it was hauling what they said and not any drugs, guns, illegal aliens or
whatever. I'm sure the church group in Windsor that put that shipment
together would have been fine with some US army truck drivers or any
trucking company in Detroit using it's drivers to haul that trailer down
to Oklahoma. As long as they got the tractor and empty trailer back in
one piece. With your guys in complete control of that truck and it's
cargo, no one on this side of the border is going to be able to pull off
anything shady involving that truck or it's cargo cuz they wouldn't have
any control over what gets given to whom. If the Church group donating
the stuff is fine with that, it's safe to assume there's nothing illegal
going on.

Whatever, if the trailer isn't in Oklahoma by now then the food is
probably already spoiled. But, there really should be some way of
getting food and disaster relief across the border quickly and
efficiently because people can't go long without clean water to drink,
and life can be really miserable without food to eat, warm blankets and
Lord knows, diapers.

The fault cannot be all on the USA.

Did the Church group research what to do? Did they contact a U.S.
consulate or the U.S. Embassy in Canada. Border Patrol agencies, etc.

The keystone pipeline cannot cross the border with approval from the
Secretary of State.

Just sayin'