Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shaver plugs/cords (again)

On Friday, June 7, 2013 12:52:25 PM UTC+1, Gazz wrote:
wrote in message
On Thursday, June 6, 2013 12:15:26 AM UTC+1, wrote:
On Wednesday, June 5, 2013 8:28:27 AM UTC+1, Jon Connell wrote:

Having previously cut the plug off my rechargeable toothbrush, I'd like
to put a shaver plug back on it since I have a shaver socket in the new
bathroom. Finding a rewireable shaver plug seems impossible though and

I used to use old french mains plugs for that, the 2 round pin pattern.
Shaver adaptors accept them. They wont conform to BS so not for use at
work, and inspect before use to ensure they insulate and cordgrip ok.

I should add that IME a while ago, a lot at the time failed to meet safety
requirements

Meh, modern safety requirements are only there because dumb people have
proven they can't complete simple tasks safely,
that's why the world is so crowded nowadays, we are allowing the people who
would have removed them selves from the gene pool to keep on living, and be
thick enough to not even realise it.

Just for clarity, I mean the old French plugs too often failed the most basic of safety requirements.

NT