Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Source for metal or plastic bezels?

On 6/6/2013 7:24 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 6/5/2013 10:07 PM, Richard wrote:
On 6/5/2013 8:52 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 6/5/2013 12:10 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
I have to retain some little LED panels to a flat surface. The 3M
doublestick adhesive foam is proving to have less than stellar
performance after they warm up for awhile.

I sourced these panels from China and none of the sellers have any
clue for bezels. I don't think their translators handled that
conversation very well. sigh

http://www.homeandgardenhandyman.com...lFrontBack.jpg
http://www.homeandgardenhandyman.com...PanelSizes.jpg
Retainer depth of about 3mm.
Opening for LEDs: 52-55mm W x 36-36.5mm

Qty needed: 1 dozen.
Budget for this project: $10.

--
A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if
one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself.

Cut the male and female patterns from ply and stack pieces of Formica
and rout them out with a bit with a roller to follow the pattern. Hold
the parts with screws and washers clamping them in place. Zing!

Tom, did you notice how small the LEDs were?

Just the whole panel, about 2x3

I thought the problem was that the LEDs were coming loose when they
warmed up.