Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default A Sony' CRTs color is screwed up.

"Many moons ago, I came up with a simple demonstration that showed
clearly

how a number of different make and model stereo power amplifiers sounded
exactly the same. This was to clear up the notion strongly held by their
various owners that each possessed its own, distinctive "sound".
"

Perhaps, but Bob Carver proved the opposite.

** No he did not and neither has anyone else.

I have read about his "mimicking" of a few high end US amplifiers by
monkeying about with output impedances and bandwidths.

There is no similarity with my test.

All the amps used had very low output impedance and flat response
(+/-0.5dB ) to 25kHz - same as 98% of all hi-fi power amps.

.... Phil