Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default A Sony' CRTs color is screwed up.

On Thu, 6 Jun 2013 15:43:59 +1000, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

"micky"

** FFS stop wasting your and our time.

Is the set's de-gaussing thermistor working or not ??

Don't know yet. No time or space to take it apart. Have to make
room.

Does it go * BONG * at switch on or NOT ??

No, I made a special effort to listen. Turned it on several times.
I hear a relay click, but the sound is almost the same turning it off
and turning it on.

But I don't think this tv ever went BONG, like one other did.

Odds-on it is the problem and when fixed the set will de-gauss itself.

That's added incentive to turn it around and take the back off.
Thanks.

... Phil