Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default A Sony' CRTs color is screwed up.

"William Sommer****** TROLL"

"Phil Allison"
Many moons ago, I came up with a simple demonstration
that showed clearly how a number of different make and
model stereo power amplifiers sounded exactly the same.

Not so.

** It is so, if you put back the missing context for my remark.

You OVER-SNIPPING ****WIT !!!

The correct conclusion would have been that the amplifiers were
indistinguishable under the test conditions.

** That was my conclusion.

The test conditions were those of normal, home use.

There has never been any proof of what ABX testing does or does not
reveal.

** Wrong and irrelevant - my test had nothing to do with ABX.

Amplifiers that "measure well" can and do sound different.

** The ones in my test did not and that is all I set out to prove.

( They were ones I had available to me for loan or had been recently
repaired.)

(I can give an example if you like.)

** The amps compared included a Quad 405, a Crown D150 and several similar
amps built using a very elegant design by Australian engineer CT Murray.
Each was carefully bench tested prior to the listening test to make sure it
had no issues.

BTW:

I am not one bit interested in your ratbag opinions on audio or ANYTHING
else.

**** off - you ridiculous TROLL.

..... Phil