Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal[_3_] Ecnerwal[_3_] is offline

Default Source for metal or plastic bezels?

In article ,
Larry Jaques wrote:

I have to retain some little LED panels to a flat surface. The 3M
doublestick adhesive foam is proving to have less than stellar
performance after they warm up for awhile.

Thanks for the thoughts, guys. Another reason for the bezel was crash
proofing, protecting the teensy LEDs. These are going on flashlights.

If no CNC router, time to learn the joys of low-budget 3D printing the
old fashioned way. Which is secret code words for less than $10 worth of
hot glue - popsicle sticks optional but can be very useful, and
hopefully you already have a hot glue gun, because the sub $10 models
are not that nice. In low budget, there is no printer other than you
manipulating the hot glue gun....

If you want to bolt them on, insert nuts and bolts before applying glue,
and capture the nuts.

I've remanufactured quite a few laptop power supply cords using nothing
more (after cutting the old plastic down to find the plug, cutting out
the shredded section of wire near the plug, and resoldering the wires to
the plug.) Sections of popsicle stick provide some non-melty linearity
and a bit more strength.

You could also use RTV Silicone, or polyurethane, in the "aka Caulk"
form. Just takes longer to harden.