Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
anorton anorton is offline

Default Source for metal or plastic bezels?

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
I have to retain some little LED panels to a flat surface. The 3M
doublestick adhesive foam is proving to have less than stellar
performance after they warm up for awhile.

I sourced these panels from China and none of the sellers have any
clue for bezels. I don't think their translators handled that
conversation very well. sigh

http://www.homeandgardenhandyman.com...lFrontBack.jpg
http://www.homeandgardenhandyman.com...PanelSizes.jpg
Retainer depth of about 3mm.
Opening for LEDs: 52-55mm W x 36-36.5mm

Qty needed: 1 dozen.
Budget for this project: $10.

--
A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if
one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself.

An array of high brightness LEDs on an aluminum core board like that usually
wants to be heat sunk pretty well to get optimum lifetime. Either the board
is screwed to a heatsink with thermal grease in between, or it is attached
with thermally conductive double-sided tape like this:
http://www.amazon.com/3M-Thermally-C...sim_sbs_misc_4
Not sure where to find small quantities of this stuff.

You probably will not find bezels made for these since they are usually put
behind diffusers to make uniform panel lights or backlights.