Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Source for metal or plastic bezels?

Larry Jaques wrote:
I have to retain some little LED panels to a flat surface. The 3M
doublestick adhesive foam is proving to have less than stellar
performance after they warm up for awhile.

I sourced these panels from China and none of the sellers have any
clue for bezels. I don't think their translators handled that
conversation very well. sigh

http://www.homeandgardenhandyman.com...lFrontBack.jpg
http://www.homeandgardenhandyman.com...PanelSizes.jpg
Retainer depth of about 3mm.
Opening for LEDs: 52-55mm W x 36-36.5mm

Qty needed: 1 dozen.
Budget for this project: $10.

--
A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if
one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself.

Take the cheap foam tape off and buy some good 3M automotive trim tape.
It will be gray thin foam with red peel strip.

Auto parts store has it in various widths. It is the stuff that holds
the trim on most cars these days.

--
Steve W.