Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B.[_3_] John B.[_3_] is offline

Default Liberator Updated

On Tue, 4 Jun 2013 08:54:15 -0700, "Stumpy"
wrote:

The usual explanation of Right wing/Left Wing politics is

"In simple terms, the right-wing is in favor of centralizing political
power in the hands of the leaders of government, and the left-wing is
in favor of distributing political power to the people. Politics on
the right is associated with conservatism; politics on the left is
associated with liberalism."

Using that definition I believe that you have to classify Stalin as a
Right Winger, and Mao also. In spite of being communists they both
believed in controlling everything and not allowing the proletariat a
say in the government.

As for Pol Pot, well he was a dictator and he and his cadre certainly
controlled every facet of life in Cambodia so I'd guess he falls in
the same category.

The thing is that you have to look at what is going on, not just the
surface features. I mean, you can wear a dashiki and grow an Afro and
prance around high fiveing folks but when you get down to the 'hood
they aren't going to accept you as a real Brother. :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

You're using the "classic" definitions which are not so accurate in American
politics. A libertarian is extremely liberal, but in America may be
considered a conservative.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classic...ge_of_the_term

Well, I figured that you need to start with the basics and once one
gains an understanding of that one could go on to more exotic
descriptions.

--
Cheers,

John B.