Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bught an interesting 1944 Monarch lathe 16x54

On Tue, 04 Jun 2013 18:18:02 -0500, Ignoramus11086

On 2013-06-04, Ignoramus11086 wrote:
This is a 16 (16 inch real swing) by 54 inch Monarch lathe.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-N...604_135130.jpg

What is interesting about it is that it has very little wear. So
little, in fact, that I could not discern any significant amount
of wear. Bedways near the chuck look just like bedways near the
tailstock. So does the cross-slide bed.

In addition, it is pretty loaded with tooling, tailstock, steady rest,
3 jaw chuck, collet set with collet closer, etc. I also bought a 4 jaw
on the same auction. And, it also has a complete taper attachment.

I have not 100% decided, but I may keep this one for us and sell my
Clausing, which is a much lesser lathe.

Also, the paint usually gets chipped off the front right corner of the
headstock, from just regular use and banging it with tools over the
years. And on this one, it is only a little bit chipped. Same for the
carriage.

Its been repainted sometime in its life span. Nicely..but tis a
repaint. It may have been rebuilt at least once.

--
"You guess the truth hurts?

Really?

"Hurt" aint the word.

For Liberals, the truth is like salt to a slug.
Sunlight to a vampire.
RaidŽ to a cockroach.
Sheriff Brody to a shark
Bush to a Liberal

The truth doesn't just hurt. It's painful, like a red hot poker shoved
up their ass. Like sliding down a hundred foot razor blade using their
dick as a brake.

They HATE the truth."