Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Liberator Updated

On Tue, 04 Jun 2013 09:18:02 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Jun 2013 10:19:04 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Jun 2013 20:53:38 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Jun 2013 06:09:56 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Jun 2013 18:50:59 +0700, John B.
wrote:

True indeed. Ive no idea either. However..that being said...the
Left wants Momma Government...and the rest of us want Constitutional
Government. At the moment...there is not a damned thing they can do
that would not result in armed and bloody revolution. In all honesty.

Momma Government? Without a Momma Government Gunner would be under the
dirt right now.

Probably not. But I wouldnt be in very good shape. But on the other
hand..I wouldnt have laid on a gurney for 4 hours waiting for them to
finish up with a couple dozen illegal aliens either..who got their
medical care for free. Entirely free..and have been getting their
families medical care for free as well. Along with welfare, education
etc etc etc.

The public emergency services, the hospital that has to by law treat
this guy whether he can pay for it or not? Sounds like the Old Russia,
doesn't it.

Ask the folks who instituted that law. and all the people who have
skated free on their bills. Democrats instituted it..didnt they?

Im still paying the bill and will be doing it for decades. What...you
think I got it for free? Think again. Laugh...Ive got a lien on my
home by San Bernadeno County for $135k. And Ive paid them about $15k
so far.

So I cant sell the place and "reap my profits" ....laugh.... as you
seem to think

As somebody said, "Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it".

Yes and? Tell that to the illegal aliens and the people who ****ed up
the economy so my income went right into the ****ter and forced me to
drop my medical insurance 2 months before the heart attack.

It's always someone else's fault?

Well lets turn it around. You say that you were in the Army and
shortly thereafter you were in the Cops, had you stayed in either the
Army or the Cops you would have had free medical care and payday every
week. But you elected to leave so the fault is equally yours :-)

Tell that to the 48 Million unemployed as well who are using that same
law for themselves and their families..because they too dont have
medical insurance.

We aren't talking about 48 million, we are discussing only one
individual.

Or do you think I should have filed bankruptcy and simply walked away
from all my bills? If I was trying to get "something for
free"...tell all the readers why I havent.

Feel free...trot it out. We will all be amused.

I was making no allusions about your moral character. I was saying
that without the laws, probably passed by liberal do gooders, that
emergency cases must be treated they would probably have pushed your
gurney over in the corner and ignored you for a few hours.

EMTALA, the federal law which requires hospitals to provide emergency
care to patients like Gunner and other indigents, including illegals,
was passed in 1986 by a Republican Senate and a Democratic House, and
signed by that flaming liberal do-gooder, Ronald Reagan.

See there, The Demos done it.
(Never mind all those silly details, the Demos done it!)

g Yes, I think you have the idea.

Or don't you remember the days when you brought your kid into the
emergency clinic with the broken arm and the nurse was right there in
your face with the clipboard and the forms. "Do you have Medical
Insurance Sir"?

They still do.

Well, they must not take any notice of the answers as Gunner doesn't
have any insurance, he says so himself.

They ask. I was puking into a bowl from kidney stones some years ago,
and they waited me out so I could pull my insurance card and sign
their forms.

However, if I said I didn't have insurance, they'd still have to admit
me. They ask and they'll get a grip on whatever you have, but if you
have nothing, they can't refuse you.

As for Gunner's insurance, he's variously said that he can't afford
it, or that he just dropped it a few months before he wound up in the
hospital. Take your choice. It's a multiple-choice fantasy.

--
Ed Huntress