Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shipbreaking in Illinois

On Tue, 04 Jun 2013 00:53:48 -0500, Richard
wrote:

On 6/3/2013 11:12 PM, azotic wrote:

Sounds like a perfect item for the prepper market. Portable bunker,
water tight,
self propelled, complete electrical system with generator.
Escape doomsday sailing the great lakes.

But to what end?

I recently read "The Road".
My wife is a disaster junkie (literature wise).

I'd call it an important piece, but not an easy read at all.

Haven't seen the movie. Don't want to, either.

I'd highly recommend it to anyone who has wondered what
doomsday might be like...

Richard

That LST would not be a very good Great Lakes craft in any sort of
storm. Any wave action over 6 feet would likely be fatal on the
Lakes...given the short distance between crests on those lakes

Gunner

--
"You guess the truth hurts?

Really?

"Hurt" aint the word.

For Liberals, the truth is like salt to a slug.
Sunlight to a vampire.
RaidŽ to a cockroach.
Sheriff Brody to a shark
Bush to a Liberal

The truth doesn't just hurt. It's painful, like a red hot poker shoved
up their ass. Like sliding down a hundred foot razor blade using their
dick as a brake.

They HATE the truth."