Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B.[_3_] John B.[_3_] is offline

Default Liberator Updated

On Mon, 03 Jun 2013 12:07:05 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Jun 2013 21:21:44 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Jun 2013 05:52:51 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Jun 2013 18:26:34 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Sun, 02 Jun 2013 08:59:59 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

That sleeve is what keeps the barrel from exploding in the sub
calibers

Exactly.

And the current ones are 13 ga and 19ga ... there about..so 12ga/20ga
rounds don't fit in them anymore.

Nope, you can still buy 12 ga. flare guns. Amazon sells them
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1001010101
or West Marine
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...w#.UasvTrRH4g0

And one can buy surplus military flare guns from WW2 and WW1. The
average person doesnt know about them, quite frankly

Probably and very likely.

Match heads work well enough for priming

Sort of ridiculous, in America :-)

At this moment...Id agree. In 5 yrs or less?

Who knows. But maybe a couple of flint locks in the back of the gun
cabinet might be a good idea. And **** in a bottle to make the salt
peter and the rest of it is easy.

Or keep 50 lbs of fertilizer on hand. One can make "black powder" from
certain fertilizers

All you need to do...is to incapacitate the better armed
individial..and take his good gun and ammo...and pass your weapon to
the next guy in line and let him harvest his own good gun and ammo,
repeat as necessary......

Old hat these days. Today you get your backers to buy proper weapons.
Trying to shoot a cop so you can steel his gun is dangerous.

Indeed it is. But we are not talking about shooting cops..but Nato
troops for example.

Well, you seemed to be talking about a rebellion and usually it is the
cops that get it in the neck when the lads try to arm themselves.

They tried it a year or so here in Thailand. A bunch of the brothers,
lacking guns, attacked a police post with knives. Killed one Cop. But
unfortunately the other two cops had M-16's and it ended up Bad Guys
1, Cops something like 15.

Knives? What...Thailand has Leftwing morons like we do???

Nope, at least they weren't left wingers. Probably call them Right
Wingers, they want a Moslem Homeland in the three southern most
provinces in Thailand.

So irrational people who want and want and use violence to try to get
their own way...are Rightwingers? Sorry lumpy..thats the very
definiton of Leftwinger.

I'm not up on modern American political nomenclature but I believe a
group that wants to institute belief in the strict adherence to the
Law as it is written and on a conservative life style would probably
be termed a Right-winger.

As to "using violence to try and get their own way".... why, that
sounds very much like the United States, doesn't it. Remember how they
gained their independence? Remember how they went to war to keep the
Southern States from seceding? Remember how they gained the
Philippines as a colony? And on and on.

Those who forget history...are often forced to repeat it.

The actual quotation is "Those who cannot remember the past are
condemned to repeat it."

No "often" mentioned.

If I had put quotes around it...it would have meant I was quoting ...I
didnt.

An original thought? Well why not.
After all, George Santayana, who I accused you of copying, apparently
stole the idea from Edmund Burke 1729 - 1797, who said "Those who
don't know history are doomed to repeat it".

Yes and?

Gunner

--
Cheers,