Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is this baby snake coiled up outside a gopher snake or a rattler?

On 6/2/2013 5:25 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 2 Jun 2013 14:18:51 -0700 (PDT), DD_BobK
wrote:

Can you not recognize the classic viper shape in an instant?

You can smell a Cottonmouth Water Moccasin. They smell like rotten
meat, so do not move. A brother taught me that. Sure enough, onetime,
one had his head resting on my shoe and I could smell it, like what I
was told.

http://peterandsharda.com/wp-includes/js/cottonmouth-water-moccasin-venom-i3.jpg

I've been face to face with a Cottonmouth Water Moccasin (inches). He
ended up being separated by a 30.06 blast

Danny should kill and eat that rattler. Taste like fried chicken, when
fried. Bury the head, venom and fangs way over yonder.

Our family farm on the side of a mountain has two natural springs and
one of them was dug out and a pump house built over it creating an
enclosed 2,000gal cistern. Back in the 1960's I went inside the pump
house and had a Cottonmouth drop from the rafters brushing me on its way
to the pool, it hit the water and took off. I suppose I was lucky
it didn't bite me on the way down. ^_^

TDD