Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sutures. Was: Liberator Updated

Lets have a link that's not google sourced.
http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_search_r...tml?gas=suture

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message ...

3 minutes later: I had no problem with the stitches. The Ethilon slid
easily out of the skin in under a minute. No blood, pain, or fuss.
Debriding took a bit longer, removing old skin and scab material, so
it's all ready for work again tomorrow with a fresh bandaid over it.

You have just earned your Survivalist Neophyte First Aid Badge.

Tendjewberrymud.

Next step up is putting in your own stitches (if really needed) and
determining if they are Really Needed.

I still feel they were necessary. I don't mind closing a 1/8" gap on
meat, and have done so several times. But the 3/16" gap on flappy
skin which stretched open every time I closed my hand was too wide to
safely butterfly shut. I have sutures for the future, when needed.
They're also Ethilon, so they have no real expiration date like the
flighty silk suture does. They pull out quite easily, too, I found
out. Me -like- that. g

http://www.face-body.com/topical.htm

Etc etc.

I keep a dozen or so suture kits around the homestead. A couple times
a year one of the critters or the roommates will open themselves up
badly enough for stitches, though I generally will use butterflys on
the roommates before sutures.

Vet supply places are far far cheaper for this sort of thing than are
med outlets

Yeah, I found MedVetIntl on eBay and got a dozen 3-0 suture kits for
$11.49, delivered. Wow, $10.78 now: http://tinyurl.com/kdhw97u