Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Bought two miiltary trucks

On 6/2/2013 8:08 AM, Ignoramus4028 wrote:

Why was it the least favorite vehicle in the city? Was it just because
it was a large van truck? Or was there a specific reason, something
bad about that kind of truck in particular?

We had one adapted for feedtruck and local electric co-op had one w/
pole boom on it (many) years ago...I'd venture the "why" is that they're
bad for vision, turning radius is terrible, brakes are nothing to brag
about and they just generally were not intended for anything other than
straightahead driving w/ the ability to handle hard terrain more
significant than ease of highway use.

They basically are just not anywhere nearly as maneuverable as a road
tractor. Not been in a newer of vintage more like what you got; perhaps
they've been made more "driver friendly" since but I'd not expect much
when it comes to handling in confined spaces...