Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Test fired 2nd AR-15

On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 20:36:33 GMT
Doug White wrote:

snip
The spaceguns have a bolt handle screwed into the side of the bolt
carrier, and there is a slot milled in the upper receiver to clear it.
You could use the charging handle on a regular AR to get it rolling, but
after that, the bolt should lock open after each shot. The side bolt
arrangement is needed if you have an adjustmable cheekpiece, because the
charging handle typically won't clear the cheekpiece if it's at a good
height for most shooting. Here's a photo of the two rifles I built:

http://users.rcn.com/gwhite/Misc/SpacegunsSm.jpg

Wow, I haven't paid much attention to gun stuff for years now. Thanks
for the reply, info, photo...

I've been following Roger's saga, building/milling stuff to make his
own AR's. Interesting stuff going on nowadays to say the least.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b