Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Test fired 2nd AR-15

"Steve W." wrote in
:
snip
I never understood the conversion to single simply because you could
start with a good bolt gun and get better results with less work.
But everyone has different tastes.

It was fun to build up the spaceguns, and all I need to do to convert them
back to semi-auto is to drop in a regular bolt and magazine.

I'm actually considering building up a bolt gun in .223. My .308 bolt gun
has a foam filled fibergalss stock, and almost all of its 14 pound weight
is in the barrel. As long as I can hold it up, it's much more stable than
my 14 pound AR, which has a lot more weight in the action, and especially
in the adjustable buttstock assembly.

Doug White