Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Test fired 2nd AR-15

Leon Fisk wrote in news:kodciu$hnh$1@dont-
email.me:

On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 14:50:33 GMT
Doug White wrote:

snip
...and we now don't shoot with an
ejector at all. It's all single shot with enough time to fish the case
out & put it back in the box...

Is this a modified AR? You pull the bolt back yourself or something to
eject the case? You got me curious.

I had a Ruger Mini 14 and thought about modifying it somehow to disable
the gas port and then just manually cycle the bolt to eject/re-chamber
the next round. Some sort of a switch so you could go back and forth
between semi-auto/manual mode. This was way before the internet is
what it is today so I haven't actually went searching for info

either...

The spaceguns have a bolt handle screwed into the side of the bolt
carrier, and there is a slot milled in the upper receiver to clear it.
You could use the charging handle on a regular AR to get it rolling, but
after that, the bolt should lock open after each shot. The side bolt
arrangement is needed if you have an adjustmable cheekpiece, because the
charging handle typically won't clear the cheekpiece if it's at a good
height for most shooting. Here's a photo of the two rifles I built:

http://users.rcn.com/gwhite/Misc/SpacegunsSm.jpg

There are special single round followers that you can put into the
magazines so you just drop a round in and close the bolt to load.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/magazin...ingleloadsnap-
inplastic.aspx

This model just snaps in on top of a regular follower, and you don't have
to take the magazine apart.

Doug White
Doug White